Synapse supports our team and customers through the entire lifecycle of preparation, response and recovery as well as business-as-usual operations for incident management, crisis and emergency preparedness…
When FGH Security was founded in 2003, incident reporting was little more sophisticated than filling in a form at the back of a heavy book, usually to be filed in a dusty drawer when complete. Leveraging the critical data these reports contained was relatively unthought of.
Fast-forward 10 years and we began to understand more about the important use of data in our work. Every day our security teams collected thousands of data points, from incident details to undertaking patrols, so we had to figure out a way of getting this valuable data from the frontline and back to the office where we could start to analyse it – but within an SME’s budget – which certainly wasn’t vast.
We’ve used the JotForm system for many years and cannot speak highly enough of it. Cost effective, reactive, simple. It’s a system we still use today, collecting all sorts of data across our organisation and for our customers.
Fast forward again to 2022, and after a few (expensive) lessons learned with other platforms, we knew we needed a fresh, sophisticated system to help us elevate FGH to the next level. After an intense procurement process, we were delighted to partner with the team at Zinc Systems and introduce Synapse to our organisation.
Synapse supports our team and customers through the entire lifecycle of preparation, response and recovery as well as business-as-usual operations for incident management, crisis and emergency preparedness. The key features include;
- Delivery of end-to-end incident management
- Management of contacts, hierarchy, plans, assets and risks
- Communication of alerts, mass notifications and updates via text, email or synapse app
- Geospatial mapping, analytics and risk profiling
- Workflow management to assist us with compliance and process automation
- Ability to coordinate teams aligned to demand and manage resources during an incident
- Integrate SOP’s and EOP’s to guide our team’s response activities
- Mapping of key metrics and visualisation through dashboards
- Gathering evidence and tracking of investigations through to closure
- Visualisation of locations of incidents, risks, people and assets using the integrated mapping tool
So far, we have integrated the Synapse system across many of our retail and public space customers, including JD Sports, Adidas and the New West End Company. Over the coming months we hope to expand the roll out to include many more of our customers.
We’d like to say a special thank you to the Zinc team for their support during the onboarding process.