We are looking to restructure the SG division.
The operation will be overseen and managed by Lewis Walsh. Three supervisors are being allocated to support the operation in the following areas:
1.Lancaster Area (including Kendal and The Wyre)
2.M65 Area (Preston to Burnley)
3.Greater Manchester Area (City Centre, Salford and Rochdale)
Each supervisor will oversee a small team of approximately 15 permanent security officers and 6-8 sites.
Gary Carr shall be fulfilling position 1. Rob Halls shall be fulfilling position 2.
Position 3 is available. We wish to recruit staff who live within the above area in order to increase operational effectiveness.
Security Supervisor – Detailed Job Description
Excellent Salary: £19,000 p/a rising to £20,000 p/a on completion of three month probationary period. An annual performance related increment and performance related bonus’ can be discussed.
- 48 hours per week average including
i.36 hours per week as a senior front-line security officer across a variety of sites
ii.12 hours per week on supervisory duties and 8 hours per month in the head office
- Evening and Weekend work will be required.
- Use of Company Vehicle
- 4G Enabled Smart Phone
- DELL Laptop or similar tablet devise
Oversee the company’s check-call and communications centre operations
- Testing the effectiveness of the system in partnership with control room staff and review of incident reporting.
- Responding when check-calls not made by staff in accordance with the duty roster
- First point of contact for incidents, in accordance with the duty roster. Escalate as required.
Carrying out Site Inductions
- Delivering Site Specific Training to untrained security officers.
- Ensuring Assignment Instructions are signed off and all necessary documentation is present and current on customer sites.
Carry out Supervisory Visits on security officers
- Every officer must be visited at least once per month and a supervisory visit sheet completed. If a second visit is required or carried out, this should also be recorded.
- Collecting and collate leave requests.
- Delivering toolbox training to staff.
- Recording all visits in the DOB
- Produce and distribute ID cards to staff.
- Visits should be made at random times unbeknown to front-line staff.
- Promote employee engagement and feed employees’ concerns or suggestions back to the Operations Manager.
Logistical Support to Company Operations
- Can include transporting security guards to sites, transporting uniforms, equipment, erecting signage and guard patrol systems
- Responding to out of hours staffing requirements by arranging immediate security cover.
- Undertake to represent the company’s interests at all times and provide an example to other staff members when doing so.
Cover for Holidays, Sickness and other Absence
- Plan monthly work schedule around permanent officers’ holidays.
- Cover shifts on sites where holidays are being taken in order to monitor and assess Assignment Instructions, Documentation Standards, Patrol Routes etc.
- Ensure all shifts within your area of responsibility are covered as per the client’s requirements.
|Essential||Assessed By||Desirable||Assessed By|
|Strong written communication skills.||Covering Letter||Ability to plan and assess staffing requirements||Interview|
|Proven record of efficient, proactive service delivery.||Covering Letter||Previous Supervisory experience.||Covering Letter|
|Computer literate.||Interview||A clear vision of the challenges presented by the role.||Covering Letter|
|Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations.||Interview||A plan for improving FGH’s service delivery.||Interview|
|Understanding of the requirements of BS7499.||Interview||Record of delivering effective performance management.||Interview|
|Personal confidence in own decisions.||Interview||Clear commitment to own professional development.||Interview|
|Ability to deliver basic staff training.||Interview||Proven leadership qualities||Covering Letter|
|Ability to challenge substandard performance by staff members.||Interview||Commitment to FGH charitable causes||Interview|
|FGH Values: Friendliness, Teamwork, Pride, Integrity.||Interview|
|Exemplary personal appearance.||Interview|
To apply please email email@example.com with a recent copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing why you’d be suitable for the role addressing the points above.